Monday, June 08, 2015

Breaking and Entering

I've been super busy working on my photography since finishing my exams, trying to get as many of my ideas processed. One of the things I've been longing to do since delving into fashion photography is do some darker photography and when I discovered Poltimore House, a nearby dilapidated 18th-century country house in Devon, I knew I'd found the perfect location. I love the effect shooting in listed buildings and other places that are simply abandoned by society now has on the photographs, however it turned out my model and I were in for a surprise when we got there. A group of volunteers are slowly in the process of restoration, and whilst the building is still in a state of ruin, it's surrounded by scaffolding. Naturally this didn't stop us however and we took great satisfaction in sneaking around the place, whilst avoiding the event taking place in the gardens. 


Aside from being mauled by the nettles and thorns, I had great time on this shoot with Zoe Wong (Model and MUA), the Devon weather lived up to it's reputation, and I loved the effect shooting in such an unusual location had on fashion photography. As both Zoe and I joked, the Urban Outfitters' dress combined with the dark make-up and run-down location meant that this shoot definitely had an Urban Outfitters feel. After processing these photographs, I decided to do as I did with my previous post featuring Jess Curson, and split the photographs into two blog posts, organised by colour/monochrome. So check back on Friday for the second set!

           


           




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Seeking the Impossible. All rights reserved.
Charli Liddle Photography